M-Audio CX8 Active Studio Monitors (pair)
This Monitor is Made to Work in Your Room!
M-Audio CX5 8" active nearfield monitor is built from the ground up to provide clear, clean performance for any room while increasing the listening sweet spot. M-Audio combines an innovative waveguide design, room-adapting functionality, and premium speakers and components to give you a 120-watt powered monitor that works incredibly well in your studio, whether it's a desktop or a big facility. This monitor includes a Kevlar 8" woofer, a 1.25" silk-dome tweeter, and Adjustable Acoustic Space controls. Two individual power amps supply 80 watts to the LF driver and 40 watts to the HF driver, making the CX8 powerful, clean-sounding, and accurate.
M-Audio CX8 8" Active Nearfield Monitor at a Glance:
- Get a wider sweet spot
- Tailor these monitors to your space
- You get big performance from a compact enclosure
- Exceptional headroom for low distortion and better clarity
Get a wider sweet spot
M-Audio's custom OptImage IV waveguide design improves overall detail and clarity. It also controls the dispersion pattern of the mids and highs, offering a much wider soundstage than traditional waveguides. As a result, the CX8 monitor delivers an accurate, detailed representation of your mix with a remarkably broad sweet spot.
Tailor these monitors to your space
Your listening environment and speaker placement greatly impact the performance of your monitors. To ensure effective monitoring in your unique production space, the Studiophile CX8 monitor offers Acoustic Space controls for tailoring each speaker to your room. Acoustic Space settings include -4dB, -2dB and Flat — and the monitor also features LF Cutoff, MF Boost and HF Trim switches for additional customization. These settings help to optimize frequency response within even the most difficult acoustic environments.
You get big performance from a compact enclosure
The finely tuned integration of acoustic and electronic design elements in the CX8 monitor delivers cohesive sound — from solid bass to well-defined mids to smooth, transparent highs. Featuring a high-grade damping surround, the premium Kevlar low-frequency driver maximizes excursion to provide a clear, articulate low end with a bass impact you'd expect from a larger enclosure. The silk-dome, high-frequency driver with oversized 1.25-inch voice coil delivers an exceptional high-frequency response up to 30kHz.
Exceptional headroom for low distortion and better clarity
The CX8 components are designed to work together so that the entire system has superior headroom, resulting in lower high-frequency distortion and reduced listener fatigue compared to other monitors in its class. The bi-amplified design dedicates 80 watts for the lows and 40 watts for the highs. The low-frequency driver's venting and large voice coil provides both thermal and acoustic headroom. The high-frequency driver features an optimized, sealed rear chamber for more audible headroom (as well as lower frequency extension for greater mid-range clarity) than similarly priced products. These factors also contribute to a more uniform response at a variety of listening levels-allowing you to work longer without fatiguing your speakers or your ears.
M-Audio CX5 8" Active Nearfield Monitor Features:
- 1.25" silk-dome HF driver with oversized voice coil and rear chamber
- 8" Kevlar long-excursion LF driver with high-damping rubber surround
- Acoustic Space controls optimize frequency response for your production space
- Bi-amplified, class A/B amplifier with external heat sink, recessed mounting and 14-gauge wiring to transducers:
- 80 watts RMS for lows
- 40 watts RMS for highs
- Contoured front baffle with integral OptImage IV waveguide
- Neutrik combo input (XLR and 1/4" TRS); RCA unbalanced input
- Power and volume controls
- Ultra-solid 1" front and rear MDF baffles and .75" MDF wrap with optimized internal bracing
- Flared rear-firing port for lower turbulence
- Elegant lacquer paint with soft-touch painted faceplate
- Recessed amplifier mounting
- Extensive protection — RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter and external mains fuse